Pages

Monday 7 May 2018

Water!


Last month on the Berkhamsted Creative Challenge, our theme was "Water". I managed a last minute entry, another piece of bunting for our shed!

I was making brusho backgrounds. I'd made a dilute solution with the turquoise brusho, and used it to wet watercolour card. I then added sea green brusho powder to a dry acrylic block, and pressed it into the card. 


I re-stamped over the whole area, drying the block and reapplying powder so the sea green stayed more concentrated.

Once dry, I stamped the seahorse stamp from Tim Holtz in potting soil archival ink.

I coloured it using distress oxides (fossilised amber, wild honey, fired brick, vintage photo, black soot) and a water pen.


I didn't cut the triangle before stamping, as I'd misplaced my template!

But it surfaced again so I could complete this one.

To fit the triangle, the seahorse ended up a bit off centre. So I dug out a Clarity stamp that looks like seaweed, and stamped freehand with peacock feathers and cracked pistachio distress oxide. I also edged with peacock feathers.


I hope to get around to weather proofing all the bunting I've made and getting it up on the shed soon!

The May theme for the Berkhamsted Creative Challenge is "Stash - something you've had for ages and never used".

The challenge for this one may be narrowing down the options! Do head over to visit us and join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda