Pages

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Thank you - the first



This is a bit of a catch up post - these are thank you cards I made for my daughter's birthday in November 2016! But I haven't got round to posting them before.

These come from the early days of trying to use up my stash of backgrounds, rather than just adding to it. The first iteration of that was the party bags for the same birthday - I had the white bags, so raided the stash and cut rectangles with a die, then did some simple stamping and edged with sharpies - here are the pieces before I attached to the bags.



I still think these look good - nice and bright and fun. One or two of the bags are still kicking around.

The thank you cards are somewhat more subdued. I used a range of backgrounds in soft greens and greys, mostly distress ink used on a gel plate.


To these I added the ribbon thank you stamp from Clarity, in grey ink (I think it's a pigment ink), then shaded with Faber Castell pencils in grey.



They look really washed out in the photos! They weren't quite this pale in real life. I edged with grey ink before mounting on the card blanks.

I made quite a few - Bethany was a lucky girl and got lots of presents - and I thought I'd taken photos of more, but these are all I can find to share with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda